HTC announced reorganization, merged Smartphone and VR into one
HTC had reorganised its management structure due to the resignation of Chang Chia-lin, head of HTC’s smartphone division.
In a statement, HTC said Chang had decided to leave to take a different career path. According the local reports in Taiwan, Chang is going to set up his own artificial intelligence company .
image credit Android Headlines
In order to avoid operation impact of Chang’s resignation, HTC had reorganised its management structure by appointing five general managers to be in charge of both its smartphone and Vive business in Taiwan, Americas, Europe, North Asia and China(mainland).
- Daniel O’Brien, GM of HTC VIVE Americas previously , had been promoted to GM of HTC Americas.
- Alvin Wang Graylin, GM of HTC VIVE China previously , had been promoted to GM of HTC China.
- Raymond Pao, VP of HTC VR New Technology previously , had been promoted to GM of North Asia.
- Paul Brown, GM of HTC VIVE Europe previously , had been promoted to GM of HTC Europe.
- Chen(陈柏谕), GM of HTC smartphone Taiwan previously , had been promoted to GM of HTC Taiwan.
HTC added it was grateful to Chang for his contribution to HTC over the past six years, and wishes him a more successful career in the future.